Snailpapers.com allows you to upload RGB or CMYK coloured files. Be aware we only print in CMYK colours.
RGB and CMYK printing process explained:
- Scanners, digital cameras and computer monitors use red, green and blue (RGB) light to display colour.
- Commercial printing presses print with cyan, magenta, yellow and black (CMYK) ink, called process printing, instead of RGB light, and therefore produce a different range of colour.
- To print on a four-colour press, all RGB files must be converted into CMYK colour.
- Certain RGB colours that you can see on your monitor (in particular, bright blue, green and red) cannot be replicated with standard CMYK inks. These unachievable RGB colours are said to be "out of the CMYK colour gamut." When selecting colours for your print project, use CMYK colour builds to avoid potential RGB conversion issues.
- You can always upload CMYK ready files as PDF. Our team will print directly from your PDF ready file.
- Please disregard the change in colour when you upload the PDF CMYK file. Be assured our design team will print from your original file, so all colours will be the same as you set them in original PDF CMYK file.
Orders up to 100.000 units are printed in CMYK colours.
For big orders (100.000 units or more) we can print PANTONE colours which gives a wider range of colours.